Saturday, February 26, 2011

My 2nd Glycine (after I sold my 1st)

GLYCINE Airman SST-06
Caliber ETA2893-2 Automatic 21 Jewels
GMT with 3 timezones
Screw crown 20BAR Water Resistant
I sold my 1st Glycine, an Incursore, after I purchased my 1st Panerai (see the resemblance?). The Incursore was quite a hasty purchase so it was back to the research sites for more info into this brand. After reading more,I thought perhaps I should get the pumpkin version of the Airman, which is iconic to the Glycine and carries an extra panache!


If you look at the dial closely, you will notice the tone of the blue deepens as it moves into the top half of the dial. A very subtle detail that I grow to appreciate. The crown at 2 o'clock can only be turned with the use of a coin into the grove. This is to prevent accidental turning that affects teeling the correct time of another timezone.

The steel caseback shows a Boeing Super Sonic Transport (SST) aircraft prototype.

Glycine signed buckle and leather strap. I sold the rubber strap to another collector as I felt this watch shoudl go best with leather.

There is an ornamental "coin-like token" in the Glycine presentation. I supposed you can use it to turn the 2 o'clock crown?

A Glycine screwdriver is included for changing the strap. You will need to unscrew the small screws at the sides of the lugs to get the strap out. This is very challenging as a slip of the tool will leave a deep scratch in the case (which nearly happened to me!) so be very steady and gentle when working on this type of strap bars.

No comments: