Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Another classic range discontinued

SEIKO Spirit
Caliber 6R15-00A0
23 jewels
Handwinding and automatic with hacking

When I got to know of news that the Spirit series have been discontinued with effect from end March, I wasted no more time and placed my order with Seiya Japan. Both watches arrived safely but were unfortunately slapped with GST charges.
When I held the watches in my hands, I was amazed by the fine worksmanship and quality of these Japan Domestic Models (JDM for short). The handwinding is smooth without the grinding noise and the hacking is a useful feature for synchronising time.
I decided to change the bracelets to leather straps to bring out the vintage classic flavor, and I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that the Spirit uses solid endlinks! This is really a lot of watch for the money and I am glad I did not hesitate this time (I missed the chance on the Blue Spark earlier).
And did I mention that this range comes in sapphire glass? Another point to Seiko!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, beautiful straps those you use. Which brand are they? Thanks

kohym said...

The brand name is: PAROS

trader said...

nice choice! i got the black faced seiko spirit, and am wearing it with a brown leather Paros strap. am finding it a little too dark though. wish i got the white faced one.