Saturday, August 23, 2008

In the spirit of the Beijing Olympics & In memory of a French gentleman

LONGINES Chronograph - 2004 Olympic Collection
Caliber L651 (base ETA2894) 37 Jewels
Self-winding chronograph with 28,800 vph and 42-hour power reserve

I purchased this Longines during a Cortina Watch private sale using the monies I earned from my stellar 1st quarter performance incentive! This Longines was produced (currently discontinued) to commemorate the 2004 Olympics @ Athens. A real gentleman classic watch with elegant blue hands set against a satin-like finished dial.


Recently I put her up FS to fund my Oris purchase. A French gentleman by the name of Mr. P.D. (initials are used to protect the privacy) voiced interest and promptly bought my Longines. I have requested for a wire transfer to speed up the transaction and Mr. P.D. had also requested I ship the watch by the speedy UPS which I gladly agreed.
After being held up by the French customs for 5 days, the parcel arrived at the intended destination. Mr. P.D.'s son emailed me to thank me for the watch and he broke a sad piece of news to me - His father, Mr. P.D. has passed on due to cancer. Mr. P.D. did not receive the watch but I understand from his son it was meant as a gift to him. The symbolic importance of Mr. P.D.'s last transaction in this world was meant as a parting gift to his son!


I was touched and a little sad, disappointed that the watch did not arrive on time. Had the customs not helf up this shipment, Mr. P.D. would have received this beautiful watch and hold her in his hands.


I learnt a valuable lesson from this deal. I had sold close to 40 watches around the globe and never was the shipment late. I am glad that I did not delay any shipping of the sold goods. You never know when you will not MAKE IT IN TIME!

I do not know Mr. P.D. personally but transacting with him was a breeze. Fast response and quick decision making enabled this smooth transaction. A true gentleman indeed! Thank you, Sir and I wish your family happiness & peace!

1 comment:

Limau tambun said...

Just browse through your blog and read this touching story. We never know what to really expect in business...