Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Double Trouble

SEIKO SNKF07 "BFS" (aka Big Freakin' Seiko)
Caliber 7S26-02Z0 Twenty-One Jewels
44mm case diameter
24mm lug width

When Seiko launched the SNKF07 (left) in steel bracelet and the SNKF11 (right) in leather, there was an excitment in the watch community. The reasons being the massive case size coupled with a generous lug width.
For me, I switched the leather and bracelet to achieve a different look & feel. In the end, I sold my SNKF11 with the bracelet and the off-market white stitched leather. I decided to keep only the SNKF07 as the matt black dial is less busy. The chrome lined indices also give a dressier feel. The BFS is only WR to 100m and has a non-screw crown. However I find the Seiko leather strap a little too thick and hard to manage.


No comments: