Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This S-WAVE was only a Ripple then...

SEIKO S-WAVE (NOS)
Caliber 7S26-0110 Twenty-One Jewels
Day-date window @ 4 o'clock position
"S" signed crown @ 4 o'clock position
After much haggling with a watch shop that I did not like to shop at, I finally bought this S-WAVE (head only). The striking orange red second hand and uniquely placed day-date window moved me and I must have this watch! Luckily I managed to find a matching Paros blue croc leather to create a timeless look in her.
I understand that the S-WAVE supposedly came in retro styled steel bracelet. The shiny case has a touch of "helmet" style to it. The S-WAVE series surfaced in the 90s to target a younger crowd but somehow, this range killed itself. The different colors in the range are truly vibrant; I recalled there were green, red, orange, black, blue and yellow dials. In Singapore, you can still find the S-WAVE in couple pair at some older watch shops.



This NOS came with hangtag and the blue film still affixed on clear caseback showing the common Seiko 7S26 movement.

2 comments:

ojibway said...

I have this very same watch which I bought new back in the 90's. Its a lovely watch. The original strap was dk blue leather with a ss clasp. The leather was solid, not stitched, soft on the inside. I have tried to get the same replacement but no luck.
Mike

Anonymous said...

The original strap was solid leather - no stitching, in blue, smooth outside and soft inside with seiko clasp.
I tried to get a replacement but the best I could find was a good quality blue woven strap with seiko clasp.