Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Blue Mako

ORIENT "Blue Mako" 200M
Caliber 469 Twenty one jewels


The Black Mako was my first Orient watch. The Mako series comes in 3 colors - Matt Black, Electric Blue and Screaming Orange. The Mako is a well-built watch and my black one took a lot of daily "abuse" and still ran strong when I sold it.
Having missed the Mako so much, I recently purchased the Blue Mako which was highly praised and sought after by the Orient community. It is a robust watch fitted with heavy solid stainless steel double lock bracelet. The blue dial takes a little getting used to (I have not fully warmed up to it yet) and is an acquired taste. The blue bezel on the contrary, is easier to accept.


I remember when I was wearing the Black Mako while drinking at a pub. A lady aproached me to take a closer look (at the watch). She commented that she has never seen this brand before yet the presence of the large arabic numerals is outstanding! In fact, compliments on my watch are more frequent when I wear Japanese brands. Puzzling indeed!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

kohym,

if you feel like letting go the blue mako, please let me know

e-mail: chuppachupps@gmail.com

-Luke

Anonymous said...

My Blue Mako arrived by courier from Big Time yesterday :-))

-Luke

Anonymous said...

I bought the Blue Mako after reading your comments....Really love the big guy. In my horizon is the Monster. I am undecided between the orange and black. What say you?

TJ
tenzin_jinpa@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

take the black one,than I do have 2 yello Alba Watches and all this scrieming coloures ,you become fedup soon,as I did.Black or blue never fedup,allways nice.

Anonymous said...

i have just received a blue Mako as a birthday present just love the look and feel of it, the blue dial is just stunning. Well worth the price!! Someone when seeing it thought it was 8 times what was paid!!