Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Another 7A38 - AFC Edition?

SEIKO Quartz Chronograph Day-Date (NOS)
Caliber 7A38-702A Fifteen Jewels
Dated: May 1984
An afternoon outing to my favourite old watch shop turned out to be fruitful. I saw this beautiful new-old-stock 7A38 in two-tone with a flavour of AP mixed with Corum.
After some bargaining, the price was decided and I was about to leave after paying when the old man told me he actually had the complete set. What good luck! A NOS piece of 7A38 with hang-tag, box, instruction manual and expired international warranty. For a moment, I was ashamed of my relentless bargaining earlier...




Upon closer inspection of the caseback, you noticed the engraving "AFC". A search from Google revealed that the AFC Asian Cup was hosted in Singapore back in 1984. AFC = Asian Football Confederation. Looks like this 7A38 was engraved to commemorate the event held in Singapore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.