Thursday, August 21, 2008

This Orient is not for the Faint-hearted

ORIENT "J" AAA Sapphire
Caliber 489 Twenty-One Jewels
24 diamond bits on bezel with cabochon crown


Some people could not tolerate the bling, but to me this is a unique Orient in a class of its own. The radial textured yellow dial with the raised steel indices and "AAA' letterings make this Orient comparable, if not better, than some mid-range Swiss watches! This is my first clearback Orient. I never seen an Orient movement before so this is really an eye opener for me! This is also the only Orient in my collection that has a sapphire crystal.
I guess the letter "J" stands for "Japan" perhaps?


The caseback looks purplish in the pic as it is the color of the protective film that is still present. Currently, this Orient is in brown croc leather as I may wear it on my wedding day. Still thinking which watch to wear during the daytime & during the banquet night of my Big Day...
Any suggestions?

No comments: