Saturday, July 12, 2008

An Early CITIZEN Complication

My dad bought me this Citizen watch in 1993. I remember the excitement I had over this new watch. Back then, the price was SGD170. It was a lot of money for a watch when people around you were only wearing Casio digitals.

This Citizen Complication (as I call her) has Pointer Date, Day / Night Indicator, Moonphase, Month and Day of Week subdial. The bezel is unidirectional if I remember correctly. This watch is running on quartz movement with a WR of 30m.

I knew nothing about watches back then but if I have this watch now, I will definitely put her on a brown tan leather strap! Well, I am glad she has already found her new home in the United States!

Do I regret selling this Citizen? Well, Yes and No. Yes, as it is a discontinued model. No, for the simple reason I am not a quartz person.

No comments: