Saturday, January 31, 2009

SEIKO Titanium Sports 200

SEIKO Titanium Sports 200 (NOS)
Caliber 7N42-F100
Titanium case 200m Water Resistant

I earlier have had reservations on a Titanium watch due to the feather-weight feel on the wrist, sometimes I wonder if I am wearing a plastic toy watch! However having wore her for two weeks to the office, the overall feel is a balanced watch on my small wrist.
The gun-metal matt finish on the case and bracelet matches the matt grey dial. The white hands and indices, although having lost their lume power, make reading the time very easy. The 7N42 is an entry level quartz with a black date wheel which I particularly like. I always feel that the color of the date wheel should be similar to the dial color. One unique feature on this 12-year old Seiko is the beads of shiny stainless steel among the matt Titanium links, giving this rugged looking Seiko a touch of class, suitable for business and sports alike!


As seen on the caseback, sapphlex is used for the crystal and Titanium for the bezel and case. I do not think this is a ISO-certified diver watch as the "wave" pattern is not the Diver "tsunami" wave as found on other ISO-certified Seiko divers e.g. SKX007, 009 etc although the crown is screw type.


Marked "Titanium Stainless Steel-G" on the inside of the double locked clasp.

No comments: