Saturday, August 9, 2008

ORIS Wings Around the World II Limited Edition (No.0973/2000)

ORIS Big Crown "Wings Around the World II" Limited Edition
Caliber 654 Pointer Date 25 Jewels
Serial No.0973/2000


This was my first major internet purchase! I bought this Oris from Zeetan of Collector's Time. Zeetan is a great seller! The watch was shipped from Malaysia via Fedex to my office. I did my payment via wire transfer. The transaction went smoothly and I'm glad I added this unique Big Crown to my Oris collection!





Polly Vacher was born in Oxfordshire, England in 1944. She worked as a physiotherapist, then a music teacher, before becoming involved in fundraising for the disabled. In 1997, just three years after achieving her private pilot’s licence, she flew solo across the North Atlantic in her single engine Piper Dakota. In 2001 she made a solo circumnavigation of the globe. Oris was proud to be a principal sponsor of her 2003 flight, which made her the first woman to circumnavigate the globe via both the North and South Poles.

The Wings Around the World II watch, which commemorated her flight, is limited to 2000 units. A portion of the profits has been donated to the Flying Scholarships for the Disabled charity.

(extracted from www.oris-watch.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Compliments, a wonderful watch!