ORIENT Watch Co Timeline in Brief
- 1901(1901) The age and Goro of founder Yoshida establish the Yoshida clock shop in Tokyo Ueno, and the import sales of a foreign clock begin. At first, it was a sales line as the special agent of Seikosha.
- Manufacturing the pocket watch case begins in around 1913.
- The Orient clock factory is established in cooperation with 1920(Taishou era 9) age, this company exclusive factory, and Urawa clock side factory, and it starts the Otokei manufacturing.
- Start of manufacturing of 1934 (The Showa era 9) age and wristwatch.
- 1936(1936) The Tokyo Hino factory is established as a wristwatch factory in the age and the Yoshida clock shop. It converts to the munition industry according to the Pacific War inside and the war body pose.
- 1945(1945) It restarts by the age and the end of the war the clock manufacturing.
- 1946(1946) The age, the Orient clock labor union federation inauguration, and the industrial strike are prolonged. So-called "Tail dispute".
- 1949(1949) Age and Hino factory dissolution.
Orient Watch Co., Ltd. age
(Extracted from Hokkaido Wrist Watch Museum website)