Friday, November 6, 2009

Rare new old stock Citizen Quartz "AEROCHRON"

CITIZEN Quartz Aerochron
Caliber C046

My search for a Citizen 1st generation Aqualand was futile. Although I managed to locate one new old stock piece in two-tone (rare!) bracelet configuration, the price was much too high to justify. A few steps away at my favourite watch haunt, a new old stock Aerochron caught my eye. Well, this managed to satisfy my "hunger" for the Aqualand for a moment. But will this satisfaction stay? Only time will tell!

Here is a description of the Aerochron (shamelessly lifted from William Mansell's site):
This is the world's first watch manufactured with the dedicated balloonist in mind with electronic altimeter functions. The following features make this watch the ideal choice for outdoor leisure sports where general altitude and barometric measurements are useful: Altitude measurement function operate between -980 and 17,000 feet. Barometric pressure measurement function valid between 500 and 1,050 mbars. Memory function capable of storing up to four time/altitude records. Elapsed time chronograph/memory function. Ability to withstand temperatures as low as -20C (-4F). Slide-rule bezel for use in calculating fuel consumption rate and distance etc. Housed in a water resistanr stainless steel case.


1 comment:

Jts said...

Hello- Does anyone have an idea where i can get my hands on one- I bought one in Frankfurt in 1991 which collapsed ! Ever since I am missing this great watch.Many thanks!! Ricky