Friday, June 12, 2009

Utility Companion Watch

Recently I took up golf and used to wear my Seiko 7N42 Ti Sports 200 to the driving range. It was a easy to wear watch with a screw crown and feels like feather on the wrist. However I sold the 7N42 a month ago and was left without a utility watch, or some may call it a beater watch. But I don't really beat up my watch so I thought the word "utility" is more appropriate. So started the search for my Utility Companion Watch.
I spotted this new-old-stock Citizen Quartz at K2 a fortnight ago but did not pull the trigger. I was there today and decided to go for it since the price was acceptable. Mr. Goh installed a new battery and I caught sight of the full metallic parts of the quartz movement. This is a fully made in Japan piece and so the quality was exceptional - brushed and polished steel surface, solid stainless steel bracelet and fine gold-plated finishing.

I simply admired these yesteryear Japanese Quartz watches, even the inner clasp of the bracelet is stamped!
Let's see how well it can be my Utility Companion!

3 comments:

Bruce said...

Interesting.

What do the 3 groups of 3 dots represent, do you know? Something to do with the time remaining?

Or are they just for decoration?

kohym said...

They are part of the 15-second counter I supposed. :)

kohym said...

Btw Bruce, I add your blog to my blog list! :)