Sunday, August 2, 2009

ORIENT "Double Dolphins" 200m Divers Quartz

I was on the hunt for a daily wearing quartz as I reserve my Tuna 300m for office desktop diving. Although earlier on I had bought a Citizen quartz but the "feel" did not grow on me.
In sheer stroke of good luck at my usual watch hunting ground, I spotted this ORIENT Quartz 200m Divers "Double Dolphins" (You will know why I gave her this nickname after you see the pics). When the shopowner installed new battery, I thought I saw the words "ONE JEWEL"!?!

From my understanding on Orient watches, those with the "Double Dolphins 200" signed caseback are ISO-rated divers watches. This watch is consistent with the following features I notice:

  • Lume indices, hour, minute and second hands
  • Unidirectional bezel with lume pip
  • Screw in crown with crown guards
  • Simple and clean dial layout enables easy reading
  • Solid stainless steel bracelet with double locking clasp and divers' extension



I couldn't have ask for more at this price range!

2 comments:

ekkanofx said...

hi bro

i really enjoy ur blog,
how with the lume on this quartz?

*it's really hard to find a review about this type

kohym said...

the lume is not bad if I recall. I think I did a review on Orient forum or Watchuseek, can't really remember as it was sometime back :P