Saturday, February 26, 2011

Speedy PRO

OMEGA Speedmaster Professional
Caliber 1861 Eighteen jewels
Manual winding chronograph
To me, the Moon Watch has always been a long-time grail on my wish-list. Watches have come and go through my hands but the Moon Watch has never left my radar. I love the Moon Watch more so due to her rich heritage behind than her classic handsome looks.
However I could never bring myself to buy a brand-new piece asI felt the price has gone too high and not justifiable for a relatively simple complication. But a chance came by to purchase a mint 2005 pre-owned piece on bracelet with full box and all papers, I couldn't hesitate more!

This picture was set against a Swiss-printed Moon Watch book I chanced upon in an old watchshop during my honeymoon in Geneve in 2008. I bought this book back then knowing one day I will be the proud owner of a Moon Watch. I am glad I did not disappoint.

The Moon Watch has one of the cleanest and most legible dial layout - White on black. It is easy to tell the time. By playing with the strap type, the Moon Watch can be easily transformed from a casual sporty look to a formal business look.


The crown is signed with an Omega symbol. Hoever I noted that the crown is not purposely made big for easy winding unlike some HW watches that I have handled.

The Moon Watch NASA space travel heritage is beautifully displayed by the words on the steel caseback.


This movement picture is taken from the Omega Watchprosite here. The detailing and worksmanship speaks of the pride of the brand and tradition behind Omega.

The legendary Speedmaster bracelet's main soul is in this two-button push-release clasp.


The crystal uses Plexiglass which is durable but not scratch resistant. The advantages of using Plexiglass is that it does not shatter like sapphire and scratches can be buffed out easily. A mark of authenticity is noted here - an Omega symbol on the glass above the center pivot.
So far I have enjoyed wearing this watch on a leather strap shown. To me it is like a dream come true!

1 comment:

Gt said...

Hi Congrats on a nice speedy .. May I know how much u paid for it? Tks