Monday, October 27, 2008

A timepiece that can buy my current collection over & over & over again...






A close family friend attended my wedding. Having a keen eye for watches (even amidst the busy schedule of the wedding preparations), I spotted his Patek Philippe and requested to take some quick and dirty shots for my blog, which I did a few days after the wedding banquet.
Holding the white gold solid piece of mechanical instrument in my hands, you can never get tired admiring the craftsmanship of the Patek Philippe Annual Calendar. She indeed lives up to her name and clearly deserving the whopping US$80,000 price tag!
Here are the specifications I adapted from "Patek Philippe Collection highlights 2007/2008":
  • Mechanical self-winding Caliber 315
  • Annual Calendar
  • Moon phases
  • Power reserve indicator
  • Slate gray dial, gold applied hour markers and numerals
  • Gold "Wave" bracelet
  • Sapphire crystal caseback
  • 25m water resistant
  • White gold
  • Case diameter 39mm

His wife wears a Piaget quartz with diamond-lined bezel. I understood from her that it is a solid gold watch! Having no information at hand about the Piaget brand, the pictures shall speak for themselves.


No comments: